Power to mentally receive and/or transmit information. Psions that use this power are often called Telepaths or Mind Readers. Telepathy can be described as the transferal of ideas and thoughts from one person to another, without physical means. The word originates from the Greek tele (distance) and pathe (feeling).
What can Telepathy do?
Telepathy is the ability to psychically communicate information from one mind to another by means other than the known perceptual senses. This can range from the traditional reading of minds to the implanting of thoughts into the minds of others and eventually extending one's radius of mind-reading. This could also let the user induce addiction, or project thought-wave "static" into the minds of those who try to invade your mind. They could even possibly exercise Psychic Persuasion or a Danger Sense after further practice. Similar to Empaths, due to the fact that Empathy is closely related and mimic abilities ranging from the basis of original ability, i.e. danger sense, illusions, control of the mind (through emotions), etc.
What types of Telepathy?
The ability falls into two categories, Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception]], which is the ability to receive information from another mind; which falls into extrasensory perception.
Telepathy is also called: Legilimency or Mind Reading
Telepathy should not be confused with mentalism although they can be combined.
- Does not work on mindless beings.
- May be limited to a certain range to work.
- May be limited to one target at a time.
- May be unable to "turn off" their power and have to constantly hear thoughts.
- Since the psion constantly hears thoughts, this power becomes ineffective in large crowds.
- May not be able to read impulsive actions.
- Psychic Shield psions of a higher level are immune to this ability.
- Sometimes, it's better to not know what others are thinking, even when their thinking about you.
- Being overwhelmed by so many thoughts can led to headaches.
- Unless one is multilingual or have the automatic ability to translate and decrypt, ability may not work if the target is thinking in alternate languages or encrypted codes.
- The more intense the thought, the louder is sounds to the user.
Telepathy Guide by Horsyqueen (Nov 18, 2014)